Your personal data and information that you have provided to Go Cumbria Motorhome Hire will be processed for the following purposes:
- To fulfil this contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to motorhome hire and production of the Rental agreement. Your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement, will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to, the defence of any legal claim(s)
- To fulfil our legal requirements as a vehicle rental company
- We will not transfer your personal data to any third party unless:
- It is for on road vehicle assistance for example vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
- It is to our insurer and insurance broker
- It is to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence/ contravention has occurred
- It is to local authorities, councils and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, contraventions and congestion charges
- It is to insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
- It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
- It is to our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
- You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organisations
- The third party is our subcontractor who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
- You have submitted a photo or photos to us for our use. By doing so you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, Facebook and other social media sites.
- It is otherwise authorised under the GDPR legislation
We may use your personal information for marketing purposes and to keep you informed by email about products and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you if you have selected Yes to hear about our services at the end of your hire. If at any point you would like to stop receiving information from us, you can click unsubscribe at the base of any emailed newsletter or send an email to email@example.com asking to unsubscribe and we will remove your name from the database.
By entering into this agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement including data collected from the vehicle.
We agree to keep all personal information in a secure environment and will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable data protection legislation currently in force.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any details sent to us using the contact forms on our website are encrypted and protected with 256 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a suitable notification will be shown by your web browser (e.g. Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) may be transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit the help pages for your specific browser. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in August 2019.